Safe, but Dangerous

"Is he good?" "Of course he's good, but he's not a tame lion."

"Knowledge is Power"

I only speak my opinion in my voice. How you take it, and what you hear is your choice.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Cycles of Romance

The table is prepared.
The food is made.
Candles are lit
and wine is filled.
A fantastic and wonderful night
is prepared,
just for you.

You arrive
looking your best,
and taunt me
with those seductive eyes.

It’s a lovely night,
good conversation,
and great feelings.

My neighbor,
and best friend,
comes and barges in
ruining our wonderful night.

And you don’t mind.

You enjoy his company,
maybe even more
than you enjoy mine.

He talks to you smoothly,
pretends he’s funny,
then invites you over.

You say yes.

You say yes
and neither one tell me.

You say your leaving,
he says you're leaving.
You give him a look,
then both leave.

You don’t leave.

You stay.
With him.

I made this wonderful night,
spent all my time.
And you leave with him,
stay with him.

I got the shaft,
I don’t know what to do.
My heart is grabbed.
Squeezed,
remains push through
the gaps of my fingers.

I breathe deeply
and gain my composer.
Can’t change free will.

I will have the final reign
over my friends.
My time comes soon.
They say third time’s a charm,
after that
everything’s better.

No comments:

Post a Comment