Safe, but Dangerous

"Is he good?" "Of course he's good, but he's not a tame lion."

"Knowledge is Power"

I only speak my opinion in my voice. How you take it, and what you hear is your choice.

Friday, November 26, 2010

What Does it Mean to You?



I am trapped in darkness.
Silence is all I hear,
except for my own breath
panting in the blackness.

There is one light.
A bright light
shimmering in the distance.

I want to be free of this darkness,
be free
and surrounded by light,
know what lies ahead.

I begin to make my way through,
unseen obstacles keep me falling
as I struggle to stand.

Complete blackness
and solitude closes in
quickly,
like a closing spot light.
I must find a way
out before I am consumed.
Consumed by the darkness that binds me
in this prison.

Make a choice,
continue falling
and perhaps discover the mystery
of the light.

Or be consumed by darkness
and simply gaze upon the light,
as it gets
smaller
and smaller,
and only wish
to reach it.

Until finally,
I’m trapped forever.

I push my way through the room,
kicking and throwing
everything in my way,
f
 a
  l
   l
    i              
     n    
      g  but regaining
off of falling objects.

After
time
       and
great
struggle


I reach the light.
The light absorbs me,
and fills my sight.

A shadow
floats across the light.

A lovely silvery blue rose
glistens and glides,
then falls at my feet.

A reward for my time and struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment