Safe, but Dangerous

"Is he good?" "Of course he's good, but he's not a tame lion."

"Knowledge is Power"

I only speak my opinion in my voice. How you take it, and what you hear is your choice.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Alana's Writing Prompt

This is a short scene I wrote in about 30 minutes- hour. It was based off a prompt from a friend of mine. Feel free to send me any sort of prompt and see what I can come up with. It mainly helps me to keep my writing going, and it's better for me if I know others are there.


Alana Anthony hmmm...would a prompt help get the creative juices going?

Aslan Troy Hollier Haha, perhaps...

Alana Anthony okay...try this:
Him: Why do you do that all the time?

Alana Anthony Her: It's just who I am
Continue from there

************************************************************************

Him
Why do you do that all the time?

Her
It’s just who I am.

    (He shuts the door, then follows after her through the yard.)

Him
How does yelling and fighting with everyone make you who you are?

Her
I’m yeller and a fighter. That’s who am am! It’s not a hard concept.

Him
But at people who are there for you and trying to help? You’re gonna do that to them?

Her
Well I guess so.

Him
What’s the point? Are you really that stubborn that you are just going to hold on to your pride and fight with others who are there to help? They want to help. They can help. Let them.

Her
No!

Him
Why not?

Her
Because I don’t need anyone. I can do it all my own, and I’m proving it.

Him
You’re proving nothing except that you’re a hard headed brat. That attitude won’t get you anywhere except where you don’t want to be.

Her
I don’t need you or anyone telling me what I’m doing right, where I’m going to be in life, or how I’m going to feel about it! Just let me go! Let me figure things out for myself, make my own mistakes, live my own freakin’ life!

Him
Just like that. That’s how you’re going to be to ME?

Her
You’re just like everyone else.


Him
You against the world, huh? Two sides, black and white, no grey areas. I thought I was that grey area, the connection between you and the world. The only one who could help you see and understand the world, the middle man, the teacher and helper. I’m your brother. Family and friend.

Her
That doesn’t mean anything.

Him
I don’t know what “phase” you’re in right now, but it better change soon because I refuse to see you continue the path you’re headed.

Her
Whatever.

Him
(Cringes)
    I’m going to leave you alone, but you better relax and meditate yourself to a balanced state. When you do, I hope you’ll come back inside, apologize to everyone for your outburst, and explain your real problems, whatever they may be. I’m sure Mom has already cleaned up the mess you made during your outburst. I mean, Aunt Faye was offering money to help you go to college. Once you go through college, graduate, and start the real world like I did, then you’ll realize how stupid you were to yell, throw meat loaf across the room, and then storm out of the house.

    (She turns her head away)

Him
Wow, the colder shoulder. Well, you have fun and I’m gonna see if Aunt Faye will give me the money instead, so I can pay for my student loans.

    (He walks off)

(She sits and thinks a second, groans, and goes after him)

Her
Wait!

    (He Stops and turns)

Her
I just feel like I need to prove myself, and be independent. I am stubborn to the max, and at times I’m like talking to a brick wall. I’m sorry, it is who I am to some extent, but I’m also on my period, and off my bi-polar medication, so, yeah, sorry.

    (He smiles, shakes his head, and puts his arm around her shoulder to guide her back in the house)

Him
See, I knew there was something. I’m sure you can even explain that to them, they’ll understand. Trust me. And I’ll see about getting you that medication tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment