Safe, but Dangerous

"Is he good?" "Of course he's good, but he's not a tame lion."

"Knowledge is Power"

I only speak my opinion in my voice. How you take it, and what you hear is your choice.

Monday, June 20, 2011

"Facts of Life" Comment to Mykosis

 ***NOTE: This was originally supposed to be a comment to Mykosis's recent blog that he made after reading my Life Ramble blog. All are welcome to read and discuss.

I'm glad my blog was inspiration. I was hoping someone would read it begin to have thoughts, and willing to talk about such thoughts of these so called "facts of life". And I must warn you there is an extreme possibility of ranting, and going off on tangents, but hopefully it will make sense.

As far as the 10 commandments go, I've always felt like they were more like guidelines, or rules set aside to sway people a certain way. This is why I don't like religion because they want you to believe and follow their way. Everyone thinks that their religion is the right way, therefore, majority of the population, by most religions standards, will in fact be wrong and go to "hell".

Religion likes to make you believe that if you screw up, then God will punish you, someone is always watching you and judging your every move, BUT only if you have achieved salvation and redemption, and have taken "God" into your heart and life can you ask for forgiveness of your sins and have your slate wiped clean. In the Catholic religion you go to a priest to confess your sins, then he talks to God for you. The priest may then give you some form of judgement/consequence/punishment to help God forgive you. This thing may just be saying 12 Hail Marys, a judgement none-the-less. But I thought only God could judge you? Why can't I just talk to God myself, why do I have to go through you? And why do Catholics talk about Mary more than anyone?

Religion, to me, is basically an undercover government. The government back in the day edited The Bible, before making and distributing it to the world. There are different versions and translations of The Bible. "Well they all basically say the same thing." No, they don't. All of them can even be interpreted a different way. I remember reading books from it, then going to sermons dealing with those books, and the preachers interpretation was different than what I believed it to say. And if you try to ask and have a discussion about it, all they do is try to make you understand it the way they see it, which doesn't help answer your questions at all. "The Bible is the truth and the way." But there are books missing!!! Important ones, like Judas, and Mary Magdalene. Yeah, I would like to hear what they have to say and their version/side of the story. Why aren't they in The Bible? Maybe because it has information that may make you be swayed another way? Or that it will help everything make sense?

This is why we have different denominations. because everyone one has thoughts, questions, and ideas that no one can answer properly, so they make their own religion and say their right. Why do churches collect money wanting you to "tithe", or give to God, then, next thing you know the church is doing renovations, upgrading, taking staff on trips (non-missionary trips, have better clothes, equipment, etc...  Shouldn't churches just stay the same and the money they get they put towards a charity? Because They accept charity, they don't give it. They should give to the community somehow, homeless shelter, salvation army, hurricane victims, earthquake victims, etc... Churches should be the middle man between the people and the world. We shouldn't have FEMA, the churches should do it. That makes sense to me.I worked at a church at one point for catering. We were catering 2 nights in a row for 400 people both nights because they were seeing this special person speak. This church was HUGE, it had it's own coffee shop. Later, I found out that that church had a preacher not too long ago who was arrested because he was taking the church money to go on vacation. I'm not saying that all churches and religions are like this, but it's out there. It mainly boils down to individual churches, the preachers, and how they run things. Which brings me to individuals life, they should be the judge of their own lives and not have to worry about cruel punishments after doing acts that can be justifiable by certain circumstances. Do you ever hear of churches helping out in a time of crisis or disaster? Do you ever hear of them rallying for peace, civil rights, or some sort of any positive movement? I don't. I do here about churches, preachers, ect rallying to stop abortion, stop gay marriages, fight a "Holy War", being pedophiles, etc...

To me,if I was to follow a religion I would look back at the earliest forms, and see what they have to say because they weren't bogged done by all this bull crap change. They were closer to the beginning of time, so shouldn't they know more about how we got here, and what are purpose here is for? I would think. It's like that gossip game we played in school. The teacher whispers something in one persons ear, then they tel the next, and so on. You were never allowed to hear it again, you just had to listen then tell what you thought you heard, basically. 9 times out of 10 when the last person told the teacher the phrase, it was wrong. Sometimes COMPLETELY wrong. Why is that? Think about it, and see if you can relate that to religion.

I do believe that God is spiritual electric energy source that lives in all things everywhere. I DO NOT believe that God will send you to hell for ANYTHING. That's right, I said it. I don't believe in Heaven or Hell. I believe more so with the reincarnation idea. And reincarnation is not limited to Earth. You can also say that I don't believe in Satan/Lucifer. If there was a Satan, I believe he would be God as well, because like I said before, God is in everything everywhere. God is both positive and negative. Now, if the story was that God had two children, Jesus and Lucifer, who were two sides of the same coin, one bad and one good, and they lived on the world and went on to battle, and cause others to take sides and battle, then I may be more likely to believe that religion, but that's not the story at all.

Money is ridiculous and should be done away with, or at least not be the most important thing of everyone's life. It, stupid and doesn't even exist. The greatest power, I feel, is knowledge. And I don't claim religion, I claim spirituality, but as far as religions do go, I like Buddhism, Gnosticism, and Jews I don't have problems. I'll believe "Greek Mythology" before the others. There's just too many questions, and too easily debatable around any points of view. I do know that I live on Earth, and this world is what keeps me alive, so I should take care of it, be nice to it, and be grateful for it because I wouldn't be here without this place I call home. We all know that the Earth itself is alive and kicking. It's been around for billions of years. Don't you think that the world intakes knowledge, adapts, and goes through it's own cycles? If so, then wouldn't it be safe to say that if we hurt the world, then it can get back at us, and there would be nothing we can do to stop it. The Earth could kill us all of in an instant. Why don't we ask the Earth for forgiveness, and show our gratitude? We could all live better, healthier, and more advanced lives very easily. We have technology and resources to provide for ourselves, and everyone here while still taking care of the Earth. Why are we doing this? Why aren't we there already? Because we would all have to love, appreciate, take care of each other, and work well together for it to be achieved, and it doesn't seem like that is possible because we're always fighting and trying to figure out to get ours, never-minding others and their lives. That and we'd pretty much have to do away with money, but that is NOT and option, non-negotiable. This is what's wrong with the world we live in. Power, greed, control are the essentials to our lives.

I apologize for my rant as a comment on your blog, but it just came out. I have a lot more to say, but my brain is done at the moment. More than happy to continue a discussion :)

2 comments:

  1. I am as well, however, I will have to re-read it after class and reply. Very interesting viewpoints and (new to me) beliefs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have some interesting views on religion. I enjoyed reading this and think many of the same things as you, but I'm not brave enough to ever say them out loud.
    I'm spiritual but I tend to lean more towards a polytheistic view. Keep writing. I'd like to see more of your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete