Safe, but Dangerous

"Is he good?" "Of course he's good, but he's not a tame lion."

"Knowledge is Power"

I only speak my opinion in my voice. How you take it, and what you hear is your choice.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blogger Blogging Blogs

So, blogging is supposed to be like and online diary/journal. People get on rant about their day, their frustrations, humors, good thoughts, etc... You can get paid for blogging! How does one do such a thing? Just write about their day so well that people just LOVE it. Do those people who get money and followers actually just write like normal, or is there creative art? There would have to be. I took a non-fiction writing class which to me is like creative blogging, or just blogging. That class was part of the Creative Writing curriculum, so, one can assume the same for blogs, right?

If so, then it comes down to the creative process, they way the blogging is presented. Personally, I can't just sit here and describe my day, rant, rave, and preach. Then, I would consider myself doing those things, and don't like it too much. I like to just automatically think I'm writing this professionally to present to someone else. Diaries and journals I think of personal stuff to talk about and such. In which case, I'm just writing to get things out, and would not present it online for anyone else to read, unless I desperately sought help, then I'd call 911, not write about me killing myself or something.

So, I blog to present writings about my days, thoughts, and feelings. That way I cover up all the things I don't want shown, and show it to others who can still relate, and be entertained at the same time. Like placing comics from newspapers nicely over spilled milk, sometimes possibly sour milk; very sour. But isn't that what stories, books, comics, and movies are for? They're just a whole bunch of thoughts, ideas, feelings, complaints shoved underneath creativeness.

That's why I choose to sit and write essays, poems, stories, scripts, etc... about a specific genre, if you will. You ask and want to know about my day, but I don't want to tell you, I want to entertain. So, if you read and understand my creative writings, then you pretty much know how my days are, my thoughts, feelings, etc... And when I say essays it is non-fiction creative writing that I've sat and written, changed revised, etc... It's in format that we're all used to from school with the simple Intro, Body (usually 3 paragraphs), and Conclusion.

This current writing, however, is a one sit and write, which is closer to blogging I suppose. Which is why I don't chose to do things like this too often because I don't feel too accomplished and professional. And notice how it doesn't work too well. I mean to entertain more, but I'm not even sure if anyone's reading anything. So, I don't know what works best. Never know if the silence is a good or bad thing. Usually it's bad. Thus, I'm posting writings of variety to see what hits. Either way, I'm posting things just in case one day it helps some one, and/or entertains.

Ummm, yeah so I guess this is my first actual blog. All the others are creative writings that's I've written in the past and spruced up a tiny tad before  posting. Stay tuned because there's more shit to come. Just like the shit life brings ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment