Safe, but Dangerous

"Is he good?" "Of course he's good, but he's not a tame lion."

"Knowledge is Power"

I only speak my opinion in my voice. How you take it, and what you hear is your choice.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Love-ish Me

In our age of love now, people have lost touch with love all together. People use the word love profusely and without meaning, diminishes all thoughts and feelings of the actual emotion. People exploit themselves to the world, and then wonder how certain things happen in their lives. Exploited by Facebook, and by spreading sex to everyone, rather than spreading actual love.

Sex is at the peak of the pyramid for love in our modern age. I’m twenty-two years old and a senior at a state university, and have never seen so many people love sex so much. Everyone wants to have sex, and some want to base an emotional relationship on sex, but that really doesn’t work out to well. Not everyone can have a good relationship based just on great sex. Unless the couple has confirmed to each other, or in their own heads, that the relationship is just for sex and don’t care what one another does, as long as they are there to give them sex whenever needed, but you won’t find people often who would really want a relationship with that bases, but many people are in many different “relationships” constantly, so, I could be wrong. No one knows how to deal with themselves at all anymore. Yet, it is still important, for many people in my generation to have sex in order to feel comfortable, or have fun.
“Man, why you hang out with that girl? She’s a straight up bitch!”
“Yeah, I know, but she knows how to ride.”


I couldn’t tell you how many people around my age, in my high school graduating class specifically, who have already married and had a kid, or just had a kid, and had to turn their life around. I’m sure that’s not too much different than the past, but it’s growing more towards that direction, as opposed to setting a good life, and planning for the future, before the future comes.

Don’t get me wrong, there are still chivalrous gentlemen, people having fun while planning for the future, and relationships based on other qualities than just sex; but it’s harder to find. I’m not trying to judge anyone on how they run their life, it’s just how it is now. Many my age were born of wedlock, and parents get divorced; and many follow their parents footsteps.

After hearing a lot of people, I found that many relationships started from having sex after, or during a party, not from dating. It was said that dating was a good way to know if you wanted to have a relationship. Not now. Now, it’s sex first, know each other later. Then, emotions get tangled, people go psycho, get attached, fight; condom breaks, girl forgets to take her birth control; purposefully or accidentally; and things go wrong, sending life in a spiral; to plummet, or keep steadily spinning in the air.


“So let me get this straight. Jon dated Sue and Gill dated Karen, then they all broke up. Jon then dated Karen and Gill dated Sue. Sue got pregnant from Gill, and Gill is now dating Karen, again; with a baby from Sue; and Karen and Sue are sisters living in the same house?"

What?! How and the hell does someone let that happen? The baby would call Gill Uncle Daddy!

One thing that doesn’t help relationship status is Facebook. So many people put their entire lives on Facebook, and it only complicates things. Some will get suspected of cheating, get their heart broken because someone hasn’t put their relationship status to “In A Relationship With…,” They get broken upwith on Facebook before the other person even knows about it. Some get weird stalkers who send messages,
  “You look great in your profile picture. The nurse outfit is hot, and I’m a nursing major. I love  nursing.”
(A guy raises hand in back, "Guilty for that one..")


But, whatever, people can run their lives however. Just know that whatever you don’t want people to know, don’t put it on freakin’ Facebook, at all. Don’t put your address on if you don’t want strange people waiting for you on your porch when you get home. Don’t put your phone number on if you don’t want random people calling,
“Hey, what’s up Jenny? This is Kyle.  I was just looking at your Facebook profile. I see you’re an Aquarius. I’m an Aquarius too. I also see your looking for dating, a relationship, or random play. Just wanted you to know, I’m down if you are.”
(Raises hand, "Guilty again...Damn!")

Strange things can happen from Facebook. Personally, I put whatever on there, and anyone who judges me because of what‘s on there, is dumb. Things change and people aren’t often what they appear to be. The only way you really get to know people is talking face to face. Which is why dating is a necessity in a relationship, but many have lost the meaning in the word dating.  Dating does not mean in a relationship, it’s working towards a relationship.

I even know a girl who claims to some people as being married four times, and she can’t be any older than twenty-one. Know why she claims to have been married four times? Because she labeled herself  “Married” on Facebook to four different people. No one can really claim to have been married, just because of freakin’ Facebook, that’s ridiculous. This whole thing is being taken to a whole new stupid level. I know people who aren’t homosexual that label themselves as “Married To…” on Facebook to someone of the same gender. Why? I don’t know.


Not only is there no privacy on Facebook, there’s none in actual relationships. Some people think that if they aren’t around their significant other, or talking on the phone with them; they have to text on the phone. That’s just as distracting as being out of the room for a long time to talk, but they have to inconvenience everyone around by constantly looking down to text on the phone, and not even pay attention to the conversation in front of their face. That’s just rude. Everyone needs their space and not to be smothered, but some don’t really care,
“I need to keep in touch with My Boo at all times. He’s been known to be a playa.”
There’s even been times when people get in fights because the way the text was typed, the other person had a different meaning to what was stated:
A girl texts,
“Hey baby. What you doin?”
He texts back,
“nuthen sleepin jus sleepin.”
 The girl begins to wonder,
“Is he just sleeping? Or was that a stutter, a hesitation? He sleeping with someone else and almost let it slip? He clearly typed fast.”
Then she texts,
“Are you sleeping with someone else?!”
Her cell phone rings, it’s him. She answers in a judgmental tone,
“Hey.”
“I’m sleepin’. Hear my voice? I sound tired right? Because I’m sleepin’, don’t text me if your gonna get all worked up.”
“I’m sorry baby. Call me when you get up.”
“K bye.”
He hangs up. She feels guilty, then thinks,
“He didn’t say I love you. Does he love me? He was quick to say bye. Was she waking up and he was in a hurry to put the phone away?”

No, he was in a hurry to go back to sleep. Of course, he could have been sleeping with someone else, but she shouldn’t judge because of a text, or the way he hung up. She should just go right over and find out, and if he’s not, then there’s make-up sex for barging in the room. If he is cheating, then beat both of them, and don’t take him back, no matter what he tries to say or do. Everyone wins!

The one thing that does savor a lot of loveable feelings from me towards humanity right now, is the fact that some people do find and stay with the ones they actually love, even if it’s the same gender. They seem to be more in love with the person, rather than the idea of being with that person.

There are people out there who are married “the right way” and probably would be happier with someone of the same gender, but they go along with the standard because they are afraid to follow what they truly want. Afraid because of what society says or will say. Just like how people felt about interracial marriages when they started, but many are okay with that now. Why is this any different? (Because God said so isn’t a reasonable answer, sorry, that’s a whole other subject on its own). People who are openly in homosexual relationships are flat out saying,
“I’m with the person I love, and I don’t care what anyone thinks.”

That is how love should be treated. If you feel strongly enough to love someone and want to be with that person, and only with that person, then it shouldn’t matter what gender they are. Happiness is so hard to come by these days, it should be cherished anytime it comes. All anyone ever wants is to be happy. So, if something good makes you happy, then do it, fuck what everyone esle thinks. You are who you are, be that person. Homosexuals are the perfect example of this. I’m not saying homosexuals are perfect because no one is perfect. They are like any other person, except they aren’t afraid to show their true selves and what, or who, they truly love.


I’ve seen a relationship when there were two women together, but the way they presented themselves and reacted to each other, was just as if it were a man and woman in a relationship. I’ve seen two guys in a relationship acting like a girl and a guy.

Of course, homosexual guys seem to be the most extreme people in relationships because you can clearly see a distinguished four couple quality to them. By that I mean two guys fighting as if it were two guys and two girls fighting each other at the same time; that’s a whole different story.

The only difference really is physicality, and that shouldn’t matter because the way we use our mind is the only difference between each person. Our mentality is even the thing that makes us different from animals because I can guarantee that if animals could think like we do, then there would be no problem for some people to be with animals, which is not agreeable; nothing said about homosexuals applies to “inner species erotica”, mainly because of the psychological difference, but also it is disgusting. (Again, this too is a whole other subject).


All in all, the world now, according to me, is diminishing in love in the old ways and creating new ways of love. I am an old fashioned type of guy believing in romance, true love, chivalry, dating, heterosexuality, beauty of mind, not throwing the word love around, and loving someone because of who they are, not because of good sex. But I also believe in having an open mind and coming to terms that everything is changing, and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it, ever. I love and embrace that fact.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you think Aslan! I've wondered about a few of these issues myself. Nice to hear someone with the same ideas write about them so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It IS good to know some one else thinks a like. And thanks for being the 1st post!

    ReplyDelete