Safe, but Dangerous

"Is he good?" "Of course he's good, but he's not a tame lion."

"Knowledge is Power"

I only speak my opinion in my voice. How you take it, and what you hear is your choice.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Difficulty in Climbing Mountains



The Mountain of Life lies dead ahead.
I strap on my pack,
clipping and clicking everything together.
Making sure I have plenty of support and safety.
I place my foot on the base, and it slides with the rocks,
back down to flat ground.
I look up the incline and realize just how far it is and how hard it will be to reach the peak,
but I have to do it, have to make it, and be king of the mountain.
My eyes widen, I release a deep breath, and place my hand in a small crevasse.
I begin to climb.
 it’s tough at first,
muscles pulling, hands clenching, and feet implanting.
As I go further, getting a steady pace, it seems like everything gets easier.
After time, I get sore from all the stress and weight of the world on my shoulders;
that’s what I have hidden in my pack.
That’s why I need to reach the top,
that’s what motivates me to keep going.
BAM!
A rock falls on my helmet, and drops me a few feet down.
I hold still on the side of the gigantic mountain and shake it off.
My vision seems off balance, and my head throbs a bit,
but I continue straining to the top.
If I stop, rest, relax, or slip; it will hurt much more to hit rock bottom ,
than to persevere through the hardships that slam into me.
Everythings got more testing for me.
I reach a short distance past the spot of the first incident and
KSHHH…
My foot slips, bringing me down a little.
I keep going, with ropes getting snagged, debris covering my eyes, and the thought of looking down getting in my way.
I refuse to look down, because I might miss something coming at me,
which would bring me further down than ever before.
Maybe even to the point of thinking this wasn’t worth the trouble,
and then letting go, but that would kill me, and destroy the item on my back.
I strategically begin to dodge objects, avoid the dust, and move up the mountain faster.
I become stronger, quicker, and stable; to where nothing phases me anymore.
The tip of the mountain is in plain sight.
My arm reaches the peak.
OOPH!
The rope is stuck toward the bottom, or I misjudged the distance and length ran out;
I tug and tug and it, but nothing moves, nothing is released, I’m stuck in the spot.
I wrap one arm around the top, and use the other to remove the pack,
wedge it between me and the mountainside, unzip, and take out the purpose for the struggle.
The glassy looking sphere has blue and green darkened colors.
My face tenses with the effort of placing the world at the high point,
but I make it. The world falls into place, the colors get brighter,
so bright I can hear the light beaming.
It begins to spin and glow; I hear a choir singing in the back of my head.
My rope loosens and a plateau forms from the mountain under my feet.
I can sit, rest, and relax comfortably without the worry of dropping down.
My goal and purpose has been accomplished.
And it was all worth it.
All there is to do now is watch the world go around shining,
and wait for someone to find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment