Safe, but Dangerous

"Is he good?" "Of course he's good, but he's not a tame lion."

"Knowledge is Power"

I only speak my opinion in my voice. How you take it, and what you hear is your choice.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mystery Men


Who are these Mystery Men?
Both dressed in black,
both look the same.

One sits, never looking up,
never saying a word.
He constantly writes,
and is always in a thoughtful look.

The other stands beside him.
His head is always up
speaking to people,
and having fun.

You can see the wanting,
the yearning in his face.
Yearning to go out.
Seize the day!

But once he moves away from the other,
the other grabs his shoulder,
and gently pulls him back.
Pulls him and shakes his head.
He does this without words,
without looking up.
The other looks back,
lets out a sigh,
and stays at his side.

The one who writes knows best,
knows what should be done.
He knows that work and knowledge
is more important than having fun.

Other people surround them,
trying to make a change,
but the silent one is strong,
and never gives in.

I decide to approach them.
I stand in front of them,
stare blankly,
and realize.
They are exactly how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment