Safe, but Dangerous

"Is he good?" "Of course he's good, but he's not a tame lion."

"Knowledge is Power"

I only speak my opinion in my voice. How you take it, and what you hear is your choice.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mind and Body


There is a place high into the sky.
A place where you can see the rise and set of the sun.
See all the beautiful colors the sun emits:
blue, pink, orange, and purple,
clouds clutter ever so nicely.
The moon shines bright and full,
stars twinkle and dance in the sky.

This is the place where my dreams and mind lay.
I’ve made my home there, I’ve make my bed
high above the world and all the people in it.
My heart and soul live there too.

My body lies between

My body reaches for the rest of me.
I’m pulled, my face in shock and horror.
I’m giving in to the ways of the world.
Little by little, pieces of my heart come to me,
fragments of my mind come after.
I manage to keep my soul there.
Struggling to put every piece back together in the puzzled sky
so that my body can finally fit in,
but the gravity of the world, tugs at the soul.
I refuse to let it go!

Help me put the pieces back.
So many questions, so many ways, so many different things.
Some say yes, some say no
but I say maybe.
Do I give in to the world?

Do I give in to the world and everyone in it?
I stare at the sky and wonder.
The clouds encircle the spot my eyes lie.
My hopes, dreams, wishes.
My home is still in sight.
Showing me there's still a path, still a way.
Don’t give up and don’t give in.
Keep hoping, keep wishing, and always dreaming.
Reach higher, and Push harder.
Soon I will reach my dreams, be home, live up high,
and prove once and for all
there are many different roads,
Some bumpy, some cloudy,
hard and winding,
but they all still lead you home.

My Soul is there.
My body and heart is here.
But I only have half a mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment